AddThis

Share |

Saturday, February 13, 2010

I different aproach for a same problem...

EMC doth protest too much, methinks

http://blogs.netapp.com/shadeofblue/2010/02/emc-doth-protest-too-much-methinks.html

I different approach for a same problem...

What can I said?.... I use to be Unix and Filers and Netcache support engineer for 2 years, Netapp is not a bad technology and the people who worked with are really good guys usually young people I loved the Netapp offices at Raleigh Durham when I visit it. Now I work at EMC and I know about both technology, Both companies have great products but they see the customer problem from different point of view, Netapp wan to resolve every customer problem with one approach Unify storage what is good if your customer do not know what he need or even if the Netapp Consultant do not know what he really need. the EMC approach is be flexible, and try to resolve every single problem with the right and complete solution, that means a lot of work and a really good understanding of the customer problem in his particular environment from the people and process prospective.
If you are a customer and you understand that big difference think about how do you want to resolve your problem.

I little history, how I said before I use to support Netapp and I do the same job as Customer Engineer at EMC for 2 years, from the support point of you (where the most customer and support guys are) I love EMC, I use to resolve problems from my bed at home or from summer house at beach far away of the data center I just need a WiiFi or my AcerOne with a blackberry as modem but when I had problem with Netapp boxes I use to travel hours to the data center, even if the problem was an stupid operator who don't read the screen message.

No comments:

Post a Comment